A good migration strategy can avoid compromising patient safety, increase staff efficiency, and reduce server maintenance costs. IPeople provides an extensive tool-set of migration strategies that are customizable for your specific migration needs. You don't migrate systems every day, but the IPeople experts do!
- Patient care and safety can be compromised if historical data from legacy systems is not easily accessible
- Critical reporting with historical data is at a standstill
- Resources needed for the migration process are taken away from other duties
- Organizations continue paying high maintenance costs for historical data to be accessible
How We Can Help
- Save money by reducing your need on custom interfaces
- Ensure clinical teams can continue to provide stellar patient care with access to historical data
- Decommission legacy system, but keep your data
- Provide an enterprise reporting solution across the multiple systems
How You Will Succeed
- Allow your in-house resources to focus on new HCIS implementation and training while IPeople helps with the data strategy of your legacy system
- A better understanding of your data will lead to a healthy launch of your new EHR and a healthy approach to quality patient care
- Increase patient and employee confidence by presenting a cohesive ‘bigger picture’ of information from legacy and real-time systems
- Allocate legacy system maintenance dollars for other business initiatives
Solutions to Fit Your Migration NeedsData Extractions
Our team will perform full data extractions from your legacy HCIS system to Microsoft SQL Server ensuring that your historical data is always available.
Web Based Views
Easily access intuitive views of your legacy data. Provide your team with secure, browser-based views of financial data, patient histories, allergies, nursing interventions, and more.
Export Scanning & Archiving
IPeople can migrate your HCIS scanned documents to your new scanning-archiving solution with the reading of TIFF Files exporting them to their new destination.
URL Launch to Views
Streamline workflow for the end user. Quick access to your historical patient data is just one click away with IPeople’s Launch URL feature.
New systems mean new learning curves. Explore, tag, and query data across various system databases and build confidence visualizing the data.
IPeople’s experts provide the strategic and technological guidance that you need to create and maintain robust interfaces and reliable data integration.
Having the data available to you from your legacy system is important, but being able to quickly create, save or print a patient’s entire legal medical record is critical! The Batch Print add-on for Offline Views allows users to quickly generate patient’s legal health records in report format. This information can be used to transfer patients from one hospital to another, satisfies Release of Information requests, and more.
Where Migration and Down time MergeWith IPeople Data Migration Solution, all of your patient's migrated history remains at your fingertips, and available for patient care decisions, even during a downtime. By merging Data Migration and IPeople Offline views, a complete patient history is always accessible; thus offering your care providers a full view into the past care of your patients.
Have you considered?
Plan to be down
- Anticipate 8-18 hours for MEDITECH conversions (all platforms), with potential for 24 hours
- Scheduled downtimes can occur for maintenance and upgrades on a monthly and quarterly basis: 3 to 5 hours average
Watch for Extra Costs
- Average cost of 3 Magic sites maintaining a legacy system is $23,000/month/site
- Many organizations see costs between $50K and $100K for server room renovations, new equipment, and upgrades
Don't Leave Data Behind
- Seek clarification on terms used such as 'standard' versus 'all' when discussing what data will be transitioned to the new HCIS
- Understand what will be archived versus populated into the new EMR
- Understand how account numbers and medical record number's will be transitioned
- Integration needs are often not considered up front and can impact the overall migration timeframe
- Reporting presents new challenges as the staff must learn new reporting solutions and has to discover where data will reside versus where the data used to reside